ElectriWall develops Building Integrated PhotoVoltaic (BIPV) systems, based on its unique Solar Thin Films for buildings walls – not for windows but for usual walls of (high-rise) buildings. ElectriWall technology has has the following advantages over state-of-the-art:
• Efficiency of 28%.
• Low manufacturing costs due to the use of low-grade or recycled silicon.
• Absorption of >95% from the solar spectrum (vs. usual 65%).
• No need for a reflector to concentrate the sunlight – less costs.
• Increase in the active area, more useful working hours, no need for direct light.
• Can be black, green, and blue-like (suitable for architecture designs).
Electriwall systems reduce use of diesel, greenhouse gases emission, air pollution and electricity transmission loss. They increase total energy efficiency of high-rise buildings at cost of 1.54-12% over the buildings' original one.